Saturday, May 19, 2012

Gardenias, gardenias, and more gardenias!

The last couple of weeks I have been making lots of gardenias for different orders. Most of them for favor boxes, bouquets and hair flowers. One of my orders is for a couple celebrating their 10 year wedding anniversary. They have been going to the Big Island every year for the last 10 years and had decided that this year they would do a vow renewal during their stay. Lisa contacted me to ask if I could make a small bouquet, hair flower, favors and some abaca envelopes with the gardenia flower to house the announcement about their vow renewal and that it would be webcast for their family and friends to watch and be part of their special day.

Lisa and I had a slight disconnect about the color sage, but she decided that for 10 of the favors she ordered she was fine with the color and didn't want me to switch it all. However for the bouquet and subsequently she ordered 5 additional favor boxes, she wanted the lime green and purple rather than the sage/celadon of the original favors. 

I also had another order of 40 favors inspired by favors I did several years ago. Gardenias again with sage, ivory and champagne gold.
3 more bouquet orders, a wedding details print order, a wholesale hair flower order and some smaller flower orders to finish before vacation.

No comments: