Friday, October 14, 2011

New Cake Flowers on Etsy - David Austin Inspired Roses!

I've been trying to find more time to create new pieces and build out my Etsy store with new and fresh items. It's slow going, but I try to go with the creative juices when they hit me. I love the complexity and beauty of David Austin style roses which are rich in petals and colors. I decided to experiment after that last custom cake flower order.

I once had to do Sahara yellow roses and they are so pretty, so I decided to do one in that color with hues of yellows, creams and peaches.
The other one is a light pink rose. So many shades of pink, yet subtle. All contrasted with the rich glossy rose leaves. These will definitely make stunning cake flowers all on their own. A single bloom can have quite a statement, especially when the flower is 5 inches in diameter and from leaf to leave measures 7 inches! Click on the images to go to the links on my Etsy site!

More Etsy listings to come in the next few weeks. Hopefully I can manage to create some fall inspired pieces for the holidays.

No comments: