Thursday, July 7, 2011

Reds and Pinks...

I finished another order earlier this week. My client originally wanted pinks, corals and yellows after seeing a bouquet I made for a past bride, but she said that she would let me know before I went on vacation. She definitely wanted peonies and liked ranunculus. Just before my vacation she had made a decision. She asked for red peonies, red anemones, deep pink ranunculus and she wanted raspberries, but I convinced her to do hipericum berries. Granted, trying to make raspberries one day as a filler has peaked my interest!I wish the pictures came out better so that you could get a true appreciation for the different shades of red. I was however quite happy with my anemones. This is the first time I had really ever been asked to do them with white centers on the inside of the petals. I wasn't sure how it would turn out, but I'm quite happy with the results.
Amy asked me also to incorporate the fabric from her dress that she'll be wearing for the reception. I believe her husband is Chinese and he said the color red is the best, so that is another reason why she changed the colors. During my vacation she also asked for a boutonniere and cake flowers.

No comments: