Thursday, July 14, 2011

150 Wedding Favors Complete!

It's been a crazy couple of weeks trying to finish my orders. The reason for the lack of blog posts is because I've been tackling 150 wedding favors, where I made 150 fuchsia pink cymbidium orchids as well as favor tags/place cards to attach to them as well. Last night I finished gluing the completed orchids on the boxes and adding the tags. As I glued the last orchid on, I realized that I forgot to make 1! I couldn't believe it. Luckily I had an extra orchid center so all I had to do was make petals, let it dry and paint. As I attached the last card, I realized I missed 2 names.
It felt like a comedy of errors, but this morning I got the order packed and I printed the last 2 names and glued on the last flower! 150 favor is a lot of work. I wish I had taken pictures of every step of the process, but to give you an understanding. Just to paint the orchids themselves, I touched every flower 5 times to paint varying aspects of the flower. It was no small feat! So when I finished the order and have packed it, I feel a huge sense of relief and accomplishment!
(Taken with my iPhone - just so you could see what 149 favors looks like!)

I'll be working on some more wedding details for my clients for their wedding day. I really love when I get to do multiple aspects of a wedding to tie their theme and design all the way through from beginning to end!

No comments: