Monday, May 23, 2011

Plumerias...

My client Amanda, hired me 2 years ago for her wedding. She wanted plumerias for her bridal party bouquets, boutonnieres, corsages and cake topper. The day has finally come and I'm almost done with her order. Today I focused on painting all the plumerias and embellishing the blossoms with crystal rhinestones. The bouquets are all done, but will finish the boutonnieres, corsages and cake topper tomorrow.We originally discussed navy blue wraps for her bridesmaids but in the last few months she told me the dresses had changed and were black with a turquoise blue beading band. She originally thought of blue plumerias or doing turquoise blue hydrangeas. I suggested that maybe we stick to doing what is natural as long term it will be a nicer keepsake. As I started making all the plumerias, I thought that maybe doing turquoise rhinestone crystal centers might be nicer. Amanda agreed and she only asked that I not put a crystal in every flower so it looks more natural. I think the crystals matching the ribbon wrap are beautiful.
Amanda's bouquet is about 11 inches in diameter and her rhinestones are AB crystals so they reflect lots of different colors with a white satin ribbon wrap.

Lots of hair flowers to work on tomorrow to complete another order. 6 more orders to complete before some much deserved time off with my family! :)

No comments: