Monday, October 18, 2010

Taking Time to Smell the Roses

After a long week of training last week, my dear best friend, Myrna of Petal Chic and I decided to go to the Rose Garden nearby and practice with our cameras. At first I thought I left my memory card at home but realized I had another card in my point and shoot camera. So since she didn't know how to use her settings on her D5000, I decided to share what I learned in my recent photography class. She was so excited to learn how to use her camera a little more.
The roses are so amazing, so many colors, so many varieties. Rows and rows of them. These are some photos I took while we were there. Many of them more of my son and Myrna than the roses.
My son has an awesome smile, but many times when I want to take a photo of him he forces the smile. So this one that I captured I used the word "poop" to get him to laugh. Not something I like to admit, but whatever will make him give me that infectious smile that I love so much!
Love this photo of him with the reddish pink roses in the background.
Being silly near the water fountain.
One of my favorite shots of the day. My son loves his "auntie" Myrna. Even though they are not related, she treats him as if she was his biological auntie. She spoils him rotten. She indulged him when he asked if he could make things out of clay, she built LEGOs with him, colored in his new Dinosaur Train coloring book with him and laughed at all his really bad jokes! We all miss her and wish she didn't live so far away, but we are so happy we got to spend a week with her! Honestly, the love of DECO brought us together and I'm so honored that she's become my best friend, my sister and a truly talented DECO instructor!

3 comments:

petalchic said...

AWWWW.....I had a great time with the entire Phillips family-right down to Briggy! Hope to come visit my west coast family again really soon! Love you guys!!!!

Aimee Boyle said...

Beautiful photos Diane! Aidan is so cute!

Jessie Blum @ Eclectic Unions said...

Your son is too adorable!!