Saturday, September 18, 2010

Final Pieces to the Lilac Bouquet Order

Today, I feel a sense of accomplishment, satisfaction and relief! I finished Jessie's order today. You might think 4 corsages, 6 boutonnieres and 2 hair flowers is nothing, but when you consider that the boutonnieres were grape hyacinth and the corsages comprised mostly of lilacs, it was a lot of work! I think each boutonniere had 60 components and the groom's had 90 individual pieces. The mother's corsage had 70 pieces and the other corsages had the 2 roses with about 35 lilacs.I am totally pleased with how this order turned out. It's so hard to say goodbye to my creations, but Jessie has been the epitome of a fabulous bride to work with. She's been super patient and a wonderful bride! She's actually in the wedding industry - she's a wedding celebrant! Check out her site at www.eclectic-unions.com.Originally Jessie had wanted bouquets for her bridesmaids but her mom was a little apprehensive about all clay flowers. So we decided to use the extra money she had put towards the bouquets to her bridal bouquet and make these deep purple lisianthus flowers for their hair and they will carry fresh flowers to appease her mom's request! :)
Taking a break for the rest of the evening to decompress after this big order and then it's another day of teaching and starting lots of red roses for the next couple of orders!

2 comments:

Jessie Blum @ Eclectic Unions said...

So beautiful! I can't wait to see them in person next week, and try on my dress on Friday with the bouquet. And thanks for the link, too! I'm so excited for the wedding... I can't wait to share the pictures with you, Diane!

DK Designs said...

Thank you Jessie! This was a fun one, I have to say. :) Best wishes to you both and can't wait to see pictures!