Thursday, August 12, 2010

Where Have I Been?

Well, it's been a while since I last blogged. The reason is because I've been on vacation. Yes, I finally took a much deserved vacation. I worked hard to get all my orders done so that my family and I could take some time off. We went down to San Diego area for 6 days and let me just say, it was SO NICE to not work. Well, I did a little bit of work but I don't consider doing a Garden Art Party with zenatona work. Debbie Friedrich had the idea to have a Garden Art Party in the Midas Garden (where our 1st GAP was held) on 8/8. So I asked her if it would be okay if I roped in a family vacation and she graciously offered us the west wing (her daughter's room) for us to stay in the entire time we were there. So we packed up the car and headed down south. We went to Legoland our second day in San Diego which was fun and my son had a blast on all the rides and seeing the larger than life legos all over the park. His favorite were the dinosaur legos.On Thursday, we went to Oceanside Pier and beach. It was a great day to go to the beach. The weather was perfect. My son swore he wouldn't go in, but that didn't last very long. Although the water was cold he had no problem enjoying the waves. That evening Debbie and her girls graciously agreed to watch our son while my husband and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary. We drove down to La Jolla to eat at Roy's Restaurant which is one of our favorite places to eat. It wasn't the Halekulani, but this was a nice treat. Debbie was sweet and did an impromptu photo shoot of our family before we went to dinner.Friday, we decided to go to SeaWorld. This was definitely worth it even though it was super crowded. Loved all the shows and the Shamu Show definitely is one to see! Such amazing creatures!Sunday we had the Garden Art Party, but I will elaborate on that in another blog post. Yup, time to catch up on my blog posts! I'm already back working and teaching non-stop. It's going to be a hectic 3 more months for me so I'm truly grateful that I was able to take some time off and relax.

1 comment:

SpryOnTheWall said...

Welcome back, looks like you all had a great time! I finally posted a thank you on my blog http://spryonthewall.blogspot.com/2010/08/happy-weekend-and-big-thank-you.html

Thank you again! Your work is positively amazing!!!