Sunday, September 27, 2009

Clay bridal boquuets = Great solution for Int'l cruise weddings!

Miss Disney contacted me a few months ago and asked if I could create her bridal bouquet because she has run out of options. She's a big Disney fan and she and her fiance decided to a destination wedding on the Disney cruise ship that goes out to the Bahamas/Caribbean. Apparently the flowers available are very limited and you're not allowed to take the bouquet off the ship when you port back in the US.

So she send me some pictures of her ideal bouquet except that she wanted yellow roses (thinking maybe she wanted yellow roses since she's from Texas and that's their state flower).

At any rate, this is her completed bouquet before I add the ribbons (which I'm waiting to arrive on Tuesday). I love the color combination. So bright and cheery. We're not going with the ivory or white ribbons, but ribbons closer to the color of the deeper blue hydrangeas and also a yellow organza overlay. I'm excited to see the finished product once I receive the ribbons.

I created all the flowers yesterday, put it together this morning, and just finished painting the hydrangeas. So, if you're getting married on an international cruise, you might want to consider clay flowers as a great option if you want to be assured you can have the flowers you want and still be able to take them home with you as a keepsake!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, beautiful! The bouquet really captures the essence of Disney, I'm impressed!

Anonymous said...

The bouquet is AMAZING!!! Miss Disney is my daughter and when she first told me she had found her flowers I was TOTALLY FLOORED to find out they were made of clay!! I am so happy that you helped make her day SPECIAL, you do wonderful work and so lifelike....THANK YOU

DK Designs said...

Thank you Mrs. Disney (mom of Miss Disney) for your kind comments. :) I'm so happy to have been able to help make your daughter's dreams come true given the issues she faced with regards to her bouquet and the limitations. Now she'll forever have a keepsake to remember her most special day. Best wishes to all of you!