Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Martha Stewart Inspired Bridal Bouquet

My client, Shailer asked me to create her bridal bouquet and matching boutonniere for her fiance. We first started with peonies, poppies and lily of the valley. I did an exclusive design for my client and showed Shailer the photos and she was sold. So we modified her bouquet. We took some inspiration from a photo she found in a past issues of Martha Stewart Weddings and although that bouquet had lilac and some other flowers, the colors and the flower combination are beautiful. It consists of coral pink peonies, orange and yellow poppies, pink sweet peas, pink Victorian roses and coral peach/pink ranunculus. It's my new favorite bouquet. If only I could keep it.
Each time I work on my orders, I develop new techniques or notice things that I could modify to make everything look better. That's why I love what I do, each time it's not the same, everything is unique and custom. Every time I touch the clay I learn a new way to do things that help me to grow and become better. It truly is an art form and every piece I create is a work of art. :)I wish Shailer and Vikas all the best on their wedding day and for many, many years to come! Thank you again for allowing me to be part the most special day of your lives! :)

2 comments:

Debbie Friedrich said...

wow! What a gorgeous, color bursting arrangement! I LOVE this!!

DK Designs said...

Thank you Debbie! It's my absolute all time favorite now! :)