Sunday, June 21, 2009

Lotus Flower Bridal Bouquet

My bride, Ash, came to me via my Etsy site and asked if I could create a custom bouquet for her with closed lotus flowers. I learned how to make fully open lotus flowers a long time ago, but I had never been asked to make them nor to make closed ones. Ash sent me a picture and she gave me her deadline, but asked if I could ship it out earlier as she has bridal portraits a few days before her wedding. So I finally worked on the flowers last night and this morning and they were dry enough to actually put together so I was determined to finish her bouquet so I could start the next order in the queue.
I could not get the lotus flowers to be as closed as the ones she sent me in her picture, but I told her it would be hard based on the material of the peps used and I figured it was much prettier to show more of the detail of the petals and the center so I created more half open lotus flowers. She also requested white roses and white ranunculus. Rather than overpowering the bouquet with too many lotus flowers, I decided to make 5 and they would be the focus flowers with the accents of the roses and the ranunculus. I am quite happy with the way it came out. There was a little experimenting with the center since the way I learned the lotus flower was not using this particular center. I love creating new skills and techniques or taking what I've leanred to figure out how to make the elements of different flowers. Stressful sometimes but fun. Best wishes to Ash and her fiance!

I was worried about how the bride would like the bouquet, but she emphatically LOVES it! PHEW! :) Well, tomorrow although be it Father's Day, I will be working on my next order for my destination France bride. Lots to do, 5 bouquets and 14 centerpieces. Hope to finish by next week and ship by Saturday! Wish me luck!

3 comments:

TraceyP said...

Bee-uu-tee-full! This is a stunning replica of the lotus flower! Stressful, but successful -you did a great job!..clapping for your success.

Ash said...

I do most emphatically love it! I can't wait to see it in person.

DK Designs said...

Thanks Tracey and Ash!

Ash - best wishes on your wedding day and I'm so happy you LOVE your bouquet! :)