Friday, February 27, 2009

Mokara Orchid Favor Boxes - Copper and Pink Color Palette

I've been working on some samples for an upcoming May wedding. My client has been so patient while I've been getting through all my orders. I finally had time to sit down and get her samples done. Mokara orchids are such a hard one to create because the texture on the petals is so hard to achieve for me when I hand paint them. The first one I did which was the larger version didn't appeal to me as much because it was too dark. The tone on tone however looked more natural and more subtle. I love this color combination of copper brown and fuchsia pink. The client sent me her swatches that she used for her wedding invitations and I tried to match the colors in the cardstocks and the ribbons and although they aren't exact matches, it's pretty darn close. We did decide however to go with the copper double faced satin ribbon instead of this metallic ribbon shown in the image as it gives it a richer feel.
The copper brown and fuchsia pink are so rich, vibrant and beautiful. I'm excited to see the photos from her wedding. I'm sure it's going to be beautiful.

No comments: