Monday, December 22, 2008

New Items in My Etsy Shop


I've been behind the 8 ball in trying to get more items posted on my Etsy storefront. I'm sure those who look at my site must think I'm not working on my store anymore... Definitely not the case. My Etsy shop has been a WONDERFUL experience for me. It's been a great marketing tool and I didn't even set it up to be that way. The likes of Martha Stewart and Estilo Weddings found me via my shop and so many other wedding industry blogs out there. It's definitely one of those things that I am SO glad that I did.
Anyway, my shop has been kind put on the back burner because I've been so busy with all my wedding orders. It's been non-stop crazy since November of last year. It still amazes me how much has happened in one year's time. So, after two more of my items sold today, I realized I needed to add a couple new items to my shop. This is what I came up with. The Tropical Punch II is one of my favorites. I just made the flowers today (with the exception of the orchids and the tuberose). I only wish I could keep it because the colors really pop and are so "alive". I think that's one thing I LOVE about making the flowers, finding the right color combinations and color palettes. If you only knew me when I started learning DECO Clay, all my projects were like a rainbow sherbet color (pastel pinks, greens, peaches and yellows). When I started my own business, I really had to challenge myself to try bold and vibrant colors.

The other is a hair comb that I made a while ago and finally decided it was time to post it as I'm sure it will do well with my wedding clients. I think it would be wonderful over a beautiful bridal veil or for a flower girl. Mini stephanotis with Swarovski rhinestone crystals, mini tuberose and mini roses. Heck, everything is mini, but believe me even mini is a lot of work. Lots of detail and lots of flowers, that's for sure.I hope that over the holidays as I'm busy trying to work on some projects and samples for clients, magazines and wholesalers that I will have the opportunity to make extra flowers so that I can add to my Etsy shop. The goal is to add some wonderful cake flowers (like the ones I described in my previous blog post). Stay tuned...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Diane! I absolutely love the vibrant colors - you could almost SMELL them. We had some guests over and I showed them your creations - I had to convince them that you created them from clay ... now you have 3 new fans!! =)

And the hair comb ... exquisite!

DK Designs said...

Aaw... Thanks Deb! I have to find some time to actually send you one so you can show them in person that they are made out of clay. :) LOL...