Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A New Twist to DK Designs' Pineapple Design

I was asked recently by my new friend and wedding colleague, Lea McIntosh (of Lea McIntosh Weddings, The Wedding Chat, Cherry Bomb Design, Ready to Propose, and so much more - Lea could have 5 companies developed in the 2 hours you have a discussion with her because she has SO many great ideas for business concepts) to help out on a special project she's working on. I was very honored that she asked me to be part of this special project, especially since we only officially met 2 weeks prior to the request!

I will share the exciting new project when it is released, but for now, I wanted to post about my pineapple design. My brother (the true artist in my family) designed this pineapple over 3 years ago and it continues to be a very popular design with my clients and Lea thought it was perfect for the theme they were trying to achieve.

Instead of doing just a simple pineapple design because of this particular project, I had some Swarovski Jonquil AB flatback crystals left over from another wedding and I thought I would try it out with the pineapple to give it some pizazz! I think it came out really nice and added that extra glamorous touch I was going for. I also like the teal and orange. Most of my clients have wanted the Tiffany Blue and orange combo that was made popular by theknot.com Real Weddings feature I was part of that used that color palette. I think this one is more vibrant and bold, but beautiful. I actually prefer it over the lighter color palette combination.

Anyway, this is my new twist on the very popular pineapple motif design. I can only imagine someone asking me to do this for their invitations. Definitely a lot of work so the price of this invitation would obviously be higher than my normal price range. But it would definitely be a stunning invitation to receive!

1 comment:

Events by Evonne, LLC said...

Ooooh, I love it, Diane. One of my brides want to have pineapples as part of her centerpieces. I wonder if she'll be interested in having the pineapple motif for her invitations. Do you have any more photos of this invitation that you can email me?