Saturday, November 22, 2008

DK Designs' Family Christmas Cards 2008

I seriously didn't think I would find time to get our family Christmas cards done this year. Last year with the move I had to go with the Kodak templates and felt bad that I didn't create my own. So this year, I squeezed it in and used cardstock inventory that I bought but never used. The idea came from Mountain Cow's idea gallery since I use their software to help formulate my layouts for my invitations. I took the idea and made it my own.

I wanted to use photos of our family over the past year and instead of doing the traditional 8.5x11 page year in review, I decided to save on some paper and go with the blog route this way our family and friends can keep up-to-date with our family happenings, I can share more pictures, and we save a few trees. :) Gotta love blogs and the Internet to keep in touch with loved ones. Plus those who aren't on Facebook, can still keep tabs on what our family is up to. :)

It was fun to create all 70 and not as much work as I expected it to be. Finished all 70 yesterday and managed to get the blog going so that by the time I send it out the first post is our year in review.

Even though it's not yet even Thanksgiving, I want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas as I know if I don't say it now, I might forget with all the work I have to get done over the holidays!

1 comment:

Events by Evonne, LLC said...

Great minds think alike, Diane. We just did our Christmas cards today too... well, we took our photo in front of our tree (yes, we put it up BEFORE Thanksgiving this year), and then just ordered it on Shutterfly! :)