Monday, November 3, 2008

Chocolate Cosmos and Stephanotis Bouquet

A week or so ago, a client approached me via my Etsy site and asked if I could create her bouquet for a 11/14 wedding. At first I was going to say "no" just because it was a very short lead time, but with my bouquet orders slowing down a little and my invitation/wedding stationery orders picking up, I figured I could do it. She sent me various ideas, but then she finally decided her favorite flower which isn't in season is the Chocolate Cosmos. It's from the daisy family and after researching it and finding pictures of the flowers on the internet, I found out that they actually have the scent of chocolate. Anyway, this is another DK Designs first in terms of learning on my own how to make the flower. I think it came out really well. I had one practice flower and figured out what I did wrong and corrected the petal position and voila.... this is the final outcome.

Trish wanted chocolate cosmos intermixed with stephanotis with pearl centers. She wanted canna leaves at the base, but because I couldn't find canna leaves that didn't have the hard wire center, I did something slightly different with a 1/2 inch grass like filler that I think worked really well. The green really makes the flowers pop. I finished the bouquet off in chocolate brown and ivory ribbon accents. Trish's colors are ruby red, chocolate brown and ivory.

Anyway, I would categorize this as another fall-like bouquet, but it could even be a great holiday type bouquet since the flowers are a deep Burgundy chocolate with a hint of yellow on the fringe of the center of the flowers.

1 comment:

Events by Evonne, LLC said...

I just learned about the chocolate cosmos a few months ago. They are so amazing and they actually smell chocolatey too! :) But I love how yours look!