Saturday, September 13, 2008

Clay Bouquets in Yellow, White and Green... and an Idea on How to Display your Bouquets!

It's been a very busy week of making flowers for fundraisers and wedding orders. First off.... the fundraiser. It didn't go as well as I had wanted it to, but I got my name out there, showed my flower arrangements and hair flowers, and did a demonstration. I sold a few hair flowers and raffled off one of my larger arrangements that once existed on my Etsy site. I decided based on what I sold that I would just donate the entire amount that I brought in back to Nordstrom Elementary Home & School Club. Education for our little ones is so important so I know it's going to a good cause! The good news for those of you who love my work, the items that didn't sell at the fundraiser are now available for purchase on my Etsy site! I'll be adding the hair flowers soon, but for now, you can purchase the flower arrangements.

My client Sandra asked me to make bouquets for her wedding and wanted the colors: yellow, white, green and brown. She said she wasn't too much into traditional and was pretty open to what I had to suggest. So I decided upon yellow cymbidium orchids, yellow tulips, white ranunculus with the green centers, green viburnum and white and also yellow freesia stems. Her maid of honor bouquet is slight different, instead of freesia, I used stephanotis clusters. I wrapped her stems in chocolate brown satin ribbon and criss-crossed the ivory iridescent ribbon to contrast the chocolate. All in all, I think it came out beautifully.

We also did boutonnieres for her fiance and the best man as well. For those we did yellow cymbidium orchids, white ranunculus and green fillers to match Sandra's and the MOH bouquet. The ushers will have boutonnieres with a single tulip and some greens.

As I was finding a container to keep the flowers upright to dry, I realized something.... Given the right container, your bridal bouquets can be a great centerpiece as well! Just check out how lovely the bride's bouquet and MOH bouquet look in these white, square pillar vases! STUNNING! So, consider your wedding bouquets a decorative piece if not for your head table, what about for your cake table or reception table? The best part about it is that these will also look stunning in Sandra's home well after the wedding is over. Congratulations Sandra!

No comments: