Sunday, June 22, 2008

New Order via TheKnot.com Real Weddings Feature
I was fortunate to be a part of Mae & Jeremy's wedding as a referral through my best friend and wedding planner extraordinaire, Cheryl Shoemaker of Orchid Isle Weddings. I recently found out that Mae & Jeremy's wedding was being featured on TheKnot.com's Real Weddings site!

The feature had lots of great pics of my detail work! Great exposure and the favors I did for their wedding made it into the Wedding Favors photo gallery! The photographer for this wedding was Stewart Pinsky Photography.
Cheryl called me earlier this week to let me know that a bride down in Southern California had contacted her because she LOVED the favors from Mae & Jeremy's wedding and wanted to know who did them. Veronica saw the slideshow pictures from Real Weddings - "Mae & Jeremy, Maui, HI.

I contacted the bride and she LOVED the wedding details I did for Mae & Jeremy. Her colors were green and orange but she was torn because she loved the Teal and Orange I did for Mae & Jeremy. So I created two comps for her over the weekend. Even though I already have a hectic next several months, I felt that I had to do my best to accept the order. The order has now gone from a wedding favor order to wedding favors, reception programs and water bottle sleeves. The bride is trying to convince her fiance to let me do the table cards too!
Anyway, we ended up changing a few things - switching the names so the groom's name is first and then the bride's, switching the cardstock so the green is more predominant. Veronica's flowers are green cymbidiums and white roses, but her centerpieces are orange cymbidiums. Her bridesmaid dresses are green as well. They got engaged in Hawaii so naturally she wants to bring a little bit of "Hawaii" to her wedding day!

Which one do you like best teal and orange or green and orange? Either one is nice, but it is a tough call! In the end, Veronica had to go with the color scheme of oranges and greens

No comments: