Wednesday, May 21, 2008

New Pictures of Flowers
As many of you know, wedding season has kicked into HIGH gear! Although since last summer, I think it's been that way for me! I wanted to just share a few photos of some things I've been working on for my clients and Etsy.com. There will be more to follow in the coming weeks as I knock out all my orders! I'm excited though at all the bouquet orders I have coming up! It's amazing how many brides are SERIOUSLY considering clay bouquets! Keep them coming!

This first picture is of an arrangement I did for Etsy.com. I love the light pastel colors... It screams English Country garden! These flowers were ones I made for a client's samples and they were extras because the colors didn't work for what I was wanting for her bouquet so I used them in this nice little arrangement!

My new FAVORITE flower is the peony! I feel like I'm getting much better at making them look REALISTIC! This one arrangement was inspired by a Martha Stewart Show segment where they did these beautiful reddish pink peonies and viburnum. The one thing I didn't recreate were the pom pom mums they used to decorate the vase... I don't have that much FREE TIME! :) This one sells at http://www.dkdesignshawaii.etsy.com/.

The last picture I want to share are corsages I did for a client who found me via etsy.com. She wanted corsages from her mom and her mother-in-law to be. She wanted greens, pinks and oranges. I love this color combination! Just so bold and vibrant, but the flowers are delicate. I hope Amanda likes them! These flowers are also my favorites to make these days - dahlia, ranunculus and viburnum!











2 comments:

Emily said...

hmmm those first flowers look familiar (and lovely), do I know them from somewhere? ;)

DK Designs said...

Yes, these were the ones that I first made for your samples, but they didn't actually work (not the right colors). :)